Ryan Gottfredson, D.O.
Taking over Dr. Cornish’s practice!
Doctor Ryan Gottfredson is happy to be coming home to Utah. After thirteen years away, finishing his education and serving in the United States Air Force, he and his family are excited to be putting down roots surrounded by their extended family.
As a dad to six kids, Dr. Gottfredson says fatherhood has added a layer of practicality to his practice. “The science is critical,” he says, “but usually life doesn’t fit the textbook answer. As a dad, I realize that health is just one aspect of a growing person’s life. There are so many other things that impact wellbeing! Social life, home life, learning challenges. Sometimes we need to keep that in perspective.”
For him, one of the best parts of pediatrics is being able to comfort
his patients and parents facing a medical problem. Another fulfilling part of his medical practice is preventing illness and injury from happening in the first place. His passion for this aspect of health led him to complete a second residency in Preventive Medicine in 2017.
In his free time, he enjoys exploring the outdoors with his family by camping, biking, running, and hiking. With two teens, he’s also recently been spending time getting re-acquainted with algebra—with the help of Google.
Dr. Gottfredson loves what he does. He says one of the highlights of being a pediatrician is he ends each day feeling recharged, and he’s grateful for the opportunity to work with amazing kids.
- B.A., Chemistry, Brigham Young University, Provo Utah, 2006
- D.O., A. T. Still University, Kirksville Missouri, 2010
- Pediatric Residency, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Dayton Ohio, 2010-2013
- Preventive Medicine Residency, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda Maryland, 2015-2017
- MPH, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda Maryland, 2017