Expert Care, Always On Call
Sudden health concerns rarely seem to happen between nine and five. That’s why we always have staff on duty 24/7, including holidays and weekends. Before heading to the urgent care, give us a call. Our on-duty pediatric nurse is here to listen and help determine the best course of action, whether that’s offering home-care advice or having your child see a doctor.
Calling is free and could save you money.
How After Hours Care Works
- Call your pediatrician’s office number. You’ll be directed to the on-duty pediatric nurse.
- If the on-duty pediatric nurse thinks your child should be seen, he or she will direct you to the appropriate care location*.
- If your child doesn’t need to come in, we’ll provide guidance on at-home care so you can rest easy.
If you’re in doubt—call!
If you’re concerned, don’t hesitate to call. We’re here to answer your questions.
Some non-urgent questions can wait until morning, though. Here are a few resources to help you decide.
- Symptom Questions: Our “Is Your Child Sick” tool is a wealth of information for determining which symptoms merit seeing a pediatrician.
- Prescriptions Requests: In the best interest of your child, our policy is to always see children in person before prescribing medications.
- Administrative Questions: Our regular administrative staff isn’t here evenings or weekends so if your question is about appointments or billing, please call during regular office hours.
*Note: If your child is seen in office, there is an after-hours fee set by your insurance plan. For most plans, this is less expensive than the urgent care fee. Please bring your current insurance information and cards with you.