This soup comes together in less than 30 minutes and is made with fresh carrots, celery, kale and more. Best of all, the soup is cooked in one pot and tastes great as leftovers!
- 1 tablespoon – olive oil
- 1/2 medium – onion
- 2 clove – garlic
- 1 medium – carrot
- 1 stalk – celery
- 5 cup – vegetable broth
- 14.5 ounce – diced tomatoes, canned
- 1/2 teaspoon – oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon – basil, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon – parsley, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon – thyme, dried
- 9 ounce – tortellini pasta
- 3 cup, chopped – kale
- 1/8 teaspoon – salt
- 1/8 teaspoon – black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup – Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Chop onion, carrot, and celery; mince garlic.
- Add the onions to the hot oil and cook 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic, carrots and celery and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the broth, diced tomatoes, oregano, basil, parsley, and thyme to the pot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then add the tortellini and cook according to the package instructions.
- One minute before the tortellini is done, stir in the kale.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, topped with freshly grated Parmesan.
Recipe by Ashley Cote at superhealthykids.com.
Share this article: