A green microwave muffin? Are you intrigued? We were! We tried it and turns out that it is a delicious and simple way to add veggies to your kids’ diets.
2 TB milk (or coconut milk)
1 TB vanilla
1 C spinach
1/3 C frozen peaches (strawberries work great too!)
2 TB whole wheat flour or coconut flour
2 TB coconut finely shredded
1 TB chia seeds or ground flax
2 TB oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
Easy Peasy Directions:
1. Blend egg, milk, vanilla, spinach, banana, and frozen fruit in a blender. Make sure it’s all nice and smooth.
2. Next mix your dry ingredients in a bowl. Once combined, add your wet ingredients on top and mix.
3. Then take a larger-sized mug (or two small mugs) and spray the inside with cooking spray & pour your batter right in.
4. Place mug in microwave for 4-5 minutes.
5. It’s done! Plop on a plate and make it pretty with some tahini or peanut butter, coconut flakes, and fresh berries…or just scarf it down as is, as fast as you can!
Recipe by Brittany Olsen http://scottlovesbrittany.blogspot.com/2012/04/green-breakfasts.html
Photo courtesy of Brittany Olsen