Looking for a way to get your kids to eat beans? Turn them into something familiar, like chicken nuggets!
- 1 can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Mash can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas) in a bowl. You can use a pastry blender.
- Put onion, parsley, and garlic into a food processor and chop.
- Blend the onion mix with the mashed beans.
- In a separate bowl combine the egg, cumin, salt, pepper, lemon juice, baking powder, and olive oil.
- Mix with bean dip, and slowly pour in 1 cup bread crumbs. Mix enough bread crumbs until your dough is not too sticky to shape.
- Shape into chicken nuggets and fry in a pan with a small amount of olive oil.
(Yields 11 nuggets)
Recipe by Amy Roskelley at superhealthykids.com
Photo courtesy of Super Healthy Kids
Share this article: