Not only are beans healthy, but they’re cheap. Adding some legumes to your diet is a great way to eat healthier without breaking the budget. And chili is a great way to warm up on a cold day.
- 2 breast – chicken breast
- 1 medium – onion
- 1 clove – garlic
- 1 tbsp – olive oil
- 2 stalk – celery
- 1 medium – bell pepper, green
- 3 cup – great northern beans, canned
- 1 1/2 cup – chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 tbsp – diced green chilies, canned
- 1 tsp – cumin, ground
- 1 tsp – oregano, dried
- 1/2 tsp, ground – black pepper, ground
- 1 tsp – salt
- 1/2 cup – milk
- 1 cup – sour cream, light
- Chop chicken, onion, and press garlic. Heat a stock pot to medium, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add chicken and cook until almost done. Add onion and garlic and saute until almost translucent, only about 3-4 minutes. Chop celery and green bell pepper, add to pot.
- Add beans, broth, chilies, and all the seasonings. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add milk and sour cream.
Recipe by Amy Roskelley at superhealthykids.com.
Share this article: