These super cute snowflakes make for a great winter treat and kids love to make them. Plus they are a great source of iron, fiber, vitamin C, and potassium.
- 6 wheat tortillas
- Canola or vegetable oil
- Powder sugar, colored sugar or edible glitter (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for about 15 to 20 seconds. This will keep them from breaking when you fold them.
- Take each tortilla and fold it in half and then in half again so that it looks like a wedge of pie.
- Use clean scissors to cut the tortilla much like you would a paper snowflake. The tortillas are soft enough that younger kids can easily use safety scissors.
- Unfold the tortillas and place them on a cookie sheet. Lightly brush the canola or vegetable oil on the top of each snowflake. Then sprinkle with coconut and cinnamon. You can also add a little powder sugar, colored sugar or edible glitter.
- Bake them in the oven for about four minutes or until the coconut turns a little golden.
Share this article: