These taquitos prove that you don’t have to fry food to make it crispy and delicious.
- 10 medium mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/4 cup green salsa
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1 can (or 2 cups) black beans
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp cumin
- 15 small tortillas
- Clean mushrooms with a damp cloth. Dice very fine. A food chopper is helpful.
- Dice bell pepper very fine.
- Heat a saute pan over medium/high heat. Add a teaspoon of oil, and saute bell pepper and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Add green salsa, softened cream cheese, black beans, lime juice, and cumin. Stir to mix thoroughly.
- Chop 1/2 bunch cilantro and add to the mix.
- Spoon 1 1/2 – 2 Tbsp of the mixture onto each tortilla.
- Wrap tightly and place the seam side down on a baking sheet. Spray the top with oil or baking spray.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
Recipe by Natalie Monson at superhealthykids.com.
Share this article: