This is a fun way to eat French toast! Instead of pouring the blackberry sauce on your plate, just dip your kabob in it. Blackberries are a great source of vitamin C and have an antioxidant that helps protect skin from sun damage, reduces inflammation, and fights free radicals.
1. Beat the egg, milk, cinnamon and vanilla together.
2. Preheat a slightly oiled skillet on the stove at medium-high.
3. Dip each slice of bread in the egg mixture making sure to soak each side of the bread.
4. Put the bread in the pan and cook each side until golden brown.
5. Use a small cookie cutter to cut the French toast into stars or any other fun shape. You can also just cut it into squares.
6. To make the blackberry sauce, place the frozen blackberries into a pot and simmer until runny and warm.
7. Skewer the blackberries and the French toast onto bamboo sticks or chop sticks.
8. Serve warm. Dip the kabobs into the blackberry sauce.
Recipe by Natalie at www.superhealthykids.com
Photo courtesy of Super Healthy Kids