A great, fruity alternative to popsicles and ice cream that contains no added sugar.
Recipe by Angie at jonesing2create.com
- 2 (6 ounce) cans frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen strawberries, slightly thawed
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans sliced peaches with 100% juice
- Defrost the strawberries just enough so that you can chop them into smaller pieces.
- Dice the canned peaches up into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the peaches and strawberries to a large bowl.
- Add the orange juice concentrate and crushed pineapple. Stir everything together until it is blended evenly.
- Fill the cups in a silicon muffin tin 3/4 full of the fruit mixture.
- Place the muffin tin in your freezer on a flat and stable surface. Placing it on top of a cookie sheet can help.
- Once they are frozen solid, you can pop them out. Serve them right away or store them in your freezer in a large recloseable bag.
- Before serving allow them to defrost slightly by leaving them out on the counter for a several minutes or microwaving them for 15 seconds.
Tips: You can also freeze them in Popsicle molds or add other kinds of fruit like sliced bananas or blueberries.
To see the original recipe with extra tips, visit jonesing2create.com/fruit-salad-recipe/
Photo courtesy of jonesing2create.com
Share this article: