Article at a Glance
- It is safe to bring your child to your doctor’s office for well-visits and normal sick visits.
- Screening protocol are in place in all of our offices to help detect and direct potential COVID-19 cases.
- Wearing a mask in public and social distancing when possible will help slow the spread.
Mask Up to Slow the Spread!
With Covid-19 numbers rising and Utah County hovering in a yellow risk phase, social distancing and wearing a mask while out in public are the best ways to help slow the spread. Because people can spread Coronavirus before having any symptoms, these guidelines help limit the opportunities to come in contact with infected people or contaminated surfaces outside your home.
As summer goes on and a new school year is on the horizon, it is doubly important to make sure your child is up on their everyday healthcare.
Physicals: For older kids, sports practices are back on. This means its time to schedule those sports physicals or annual well-checks.
If you’ve missed a well-child check, or your child is heading back to school in the fall, now is the perfect time to schedule a visit.
We are open and one of our nine offices is just a phone call away.
We’ll continue to take these precautions to keep every visit safe:
- Taking temperatures to screen for fevers at the door.
- Separating sick and well visits into different time blocks or office locations.
- Social distancing: you won’t sit in a waiting room and we’re asking one parent to bring just the child being seen.
- Thoroughly sanitizing between appointments and between well/sick blocks and have removed toys and magazines from rooms.
- Wearing masks and protective eyewear as an extra precaution against spreading viruses.
- Asking that you and your child also arrive with a mask to help us keep flattening the curve.
We’re honored to continue being your choice for caring for your children. As the risk level continues to change, we’ll keep you updated on how those changes may impact your next visit.
What if I suspect my child is ill with COVID-19?
If you suspect your child has come into contact with Coronavirus, please call us first!
Currently, the risk for serious illness in children from COVID-19 is extremely low and most cases can be treated at home. The majority of people may feel like they have a common cold or have no symptoms at all. If you suspect your child is ill, you can limit the spread Coronavirus in our communities by calling us first to discuss next steps.
Center of Disease Control: Coronavirus
Preventing Coronavirus (CDC)
Transmission of Coronavirus (CDC)
Utah Health Department: Coronavirus
Share this article: