This recipe is the perfect on-the-go breakfast. Make them ahead of time, refrigerate or freeze them, and then heat them in the microwave when you are ready to eat!
- 1 – cooking spray
- 6 large – egg
- 1/4 cup – milk
- 1/8 teaspoon – salt
- 1/8 teaspoon – black pepper, ground
- 1 medium – bell pepper, red
- 3/4 cup – spinach
- 1/4 cup – cheddar cheese, shredded
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dice the bell pepper into small pieces. Stack the spinach leaves, roll them up, and slice them thin. (This method is called chiffonade.) Add the peppers, spinach, and shredded cheddar to the egg mixture.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until centers are set and no longer runny.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Extras may be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, and in a freezer-safe container in the freezer for up to a month. Microwave thawed egg cups on high for 45-60 seconds or until hot.
Recipe by Amber Brady at superhealthykids.com.
Share this article: