These whole grain pita pizzas are kid-approved and easy for little hands to assemble. Kids are more likely to eat what they make, so these are a great way to get your kids to eat their veggies. And roasting vegetables in the oven makes them super yummy!
Quick tip: Chopping vegetables up into smaller pieces can make them less daunting for little ones. It is a great way to get kids used to new vegetables or to retry vegetables they don’t like as much.
- 6 ounces – ground turkey
- 1 small – onion, diced
- 2 large – carrot, grated
- 1 teaspoon – oregano
- 1 teaspoon – thyme
- 1 teaspoon – basil
- 1 teaspoon – salt
- 15 ounces – tomato sauce
- 6 large – pitas, whole grain
- 1 cup – pizza sauce
- Mix of chopped vegetables
- 1 cup – shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble the ground turkey into the skillet and cook until no longer pink. Add the onion and carrots and cook until the onion becomes transparent.
- Season with oregano, thyme, basil, and salt. Stir in the tomato sauce and simmer until slightly thickened.
- Place the pitas flat on a cookie sheet and spread a little pizza sauce on top. Then add a couple of spoons of the turkey mixture.
- Top the pizzas with the desired chopped vegetables. Depending on what your kids like, you can add zucchini, corn, mushrooms, olives, bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, or kale.
- Add the shredded mozzarella cheese on top
- Place the pita pizzas in the oven and bake until the cheese melts.
Share this article: