Beginning this year, parents have one more good reason to bring their child in for a well-child visit — there’s a good chance it will be free.
The new healthcare law makes it so that preventive visits, including those that involve a shot, no longer require a co-pay. This means that the visit and the shot will be covered 100% by insurance and will not cost you any money.
You will need to check with your insurance to make sure your plan is eligible and hasn’t been grandfathered.
Why Are Well-Child Visits So Important?
We believe that a close and ongoing partnership between parents and healthcare providers is the key to high quality healthcare. Regular well-child visits establish a continuity of care that helps build trust and improves communication between parents and their pediatricians.
Well-child visits also can help:
• Your pediatrician catch any potential problems before they become more serious.
• Build a medical history that will provide an invaluable look at your child’s health over the long term.
• Keep you up to date about normal developmental stages, safety concerns, nutrition, and any health issues that might be unique to your geographical area.
• Give you a chance to ask questions about your child’s health and development.
• Keep your child’s immunizations current.
Learn more about the importance of well-child visits, by visiting our website.
Please contact us if you have any questions or to make a well-child visit appointment.