Nuts are a great addition to your children’s diet. Experts recommend including 1 ounce of nuts per day. The reason?
- They are richly dense with good fats, including Omega 3, ALA, and monounsaturated fats.
- They are rich in vitamin E.
- They are highly satiating so they make a perfect snack.
- They are rich in magnesium and zinc.
Nuts with a high amount of nutrients and that taste good too are walnuts, almonds, peanuts, and cashews.
- 1 lb almonds
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Beat egg white and vanilla until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugars, cinnamon and salt.
- Dump 1 pound of almonds into egg white mixture and stir to coat.
- Dump sugar mixture on almonds and stir to coat.
- Pour nuts onto a cookie sheet, in a single layer.
- Bake at 225 F for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
Recipe by Natalie Monson at superhealthykids.com.
Share this article: