No-shows and late-shows unnecessarily delay the delivery of health care to other children, some of whom may be quite ill.
A no-show is defined as missing a scheduled appointment without providing sufficient advance notice.
- Previously scheduled appointments require at least 24 hours advance notice to cancel the appointment.
- Appointments scheduled for the same day you call will require at least one hour advance notice of cancellation.
- Missed or late appointments will be charged no-show fee. The amount of the no-show charge will be posted at the front office and is subject to change at UVP’s discretion.
- No show fees are not covered by insurance companies and will be the responsibility of the guarantor.
- A patient who has excessive no-shows in a calendar year may be subject to dismissal from the practice.
Late Arrival Policy
A patient who is more than 15 minutes late to his or her appointment may be asked to reschedule their appointment. Every effort will be made to see the patient the same day.